Thursday, February 14, 2008

more of my own thoughts - 8:12pm wed., february 13th

i've cried a thousand tears since the message i first sent on email.

i've received a dozen or more messages and forwarded bulletins from many who are mourning and already memorializing our beloved raul.

my voice has been added to the fray, via a bulletin and myspace blogpost.

already the austin chronicle is launching a tribute sub-site and a giant altar is being constructed out in front of raul's bookstore---i really wish that i was in austin right this second.

i left my mother a phone message and she appeared at my door less than 2 hours later, with her friend Hope/Esperanza and a fistful of carnations. they took me into their comforting embraces, and i showed them his books and cds. the carnations are now the
centerpiece for what promises to be a growing & evolving altar to raul in my home.

my friend Donna has already suggested a name for the bookstore i dream of creating in raul's name.

so much work left to do. to honor those who have passed before us.
Gloria Anzaldua, Trinidad Sanchez Jr.., Sekou Sundiata, Lorenzo Thomas.

i have a splitting headache, and i'm at the library working.
not really working, mostly mourning.

No comments: